X-Ray Photoelectron Spectrometer (XPS)
Thermo Scientific Nexsa
with Gas Cluster Ion Beam (GCIB)
XPS is used for surface chemical analysis of samples.
The Nexsa instrument enables high resolution spectra as well as the possibility to analyse large areas by scanning. Sensitive depth profiling and sample surface cleaning is made possible with a dual-mode Gas Cluster ion beam. Measurement of insulators can also be done using a combination flood source (low energy electrons and ions), making the XPS valuable for materials research. It is a perfect analysis tool for microelectronics, ultra-thin films, nanotechnology development and many other applications and thus has potential for a very diverse group of users.
Our Nexsa is integrated with ISS (Ion Scattering Spectroscopy), REELS (Reflected Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy) and UPS (Ultraviolet Photoelectron Spectroscopy), which allows users to conduct true correlative analysis.
For more information, contact Sari Granroth.
- Monochromated, micro-focused Al Kα X-ray source (hν = 1486.6 eV; spot size 10–400 µm)
- He lamp for Ultraviolet Photoelectron spectroscopy (UPS)
- Ion Scattering Spectroscopy (ISS)
- Reflected Electron Energy Loss spectroscopy (REELS)
- Dual-beam flood source – low energy electrons and ion for dynamic charge compensation
- Monoatomic and Gas Cluster Ion Source (MAGCIS) for depth profiling and gentle surface cleaning
- Large, 60 x 60 mm sample platform, with maximum sample height of 20 mm
- Vacuum transfer module available for air-sensitive samples
- Tilt module for angle resolved XPS; sample bias module